Monday, January 02, 2006

Transformation Day 1

Transformation day 1
Today is day one of the five week journey for me. Since D-day back in October, I have been hitting the gym, and making some considerable strides in my weight loss. I used to weigh a scale-breaking 370 pounds, had a BMI off the chart, and was at risk for heart disease, a stroke or a heart attack.
I packed on the weight after quitting smoking in July 2004. I was sluggish and didn't want to do anything. A year and a half later, my wife decides to call it quits on our relationship. I turned to the gym to get my health and life. Since that point I have lost 36 pounds and 4 inches off my waist.

As quick as this may seem to lose all that weight, I changed my diet, cut out pop and carbonated beverages (except the occasional beer), changed my eating habits from one meal a day to minimum 3, count calories to ensure i'm running about 500 calories under what my TDEE is.

This is a picture of me back in July. Note my neck and chin seem to be as one.



Here is a current pic, with my jaw line becoming more defined.


My current workout plan is:
30 Minutes on a elliptical, keeping the heart rate between 123 and 145bpm
30 Minutes on the tread mill, heart rate kept at 123bpm, speed of 3.5mph, and an incline of 1.5%
300 Crunches a day (100 front, 100 on each side for the obliques) starting with 190lbs, and dropping 20lbs each successive 20 rep set
60 Back extensions and side extensions
Weights which I rotate between Shoulders and Back, Chest and Legs, Biceps and Triceps.
Once a week I do strictly a cardio day with minimum hour cardio

My diet has been mainly Subway club footlongs or salads, as it was the holidays and I was just getting settled into a new place.
Now I will be adding a variety of veggies, walnuts, no-fat cottage cheese, lean turkey breast, fish, and various other foods.

I'm taking the Transformation Challenge from Men's Health (www.menshealth.com/transform) to get all parts of my life back on track. So I will post a new pic each week to the end of the challenge. I'll also put what milestones and acheivments I hit along the way. After that I will make a short post once a week, and then a full post with Weight, acheivements, and any tips at the end of each month.

At the end of June, I'll do a six month post, and see if I hit my goals:
Lose 48 pounds, assuming I can do 2lbs per week (not unreasonable)
Start Weight is: 334 Goal Weight 286
As well, I plan to complete the Half Manitoba Marathon in June--lofty goal I know, but I may not run it all, but I WILL cross the finish line.

And by November.....my goal is to have my Body Fat in the single digits, or at least the lower teens, and weigh in at a trim 240 pounds. I WILL DO IT!!!!

Cheers for now! And good luck to everyone who wants to join me in this journey of transformation!

-Synapse

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the love & support from all your family members.

We wish you the best to attain your goals, & knowing that we are always there for you.

& i am too lazy to input a username so this is staying anonymous... No Not Aunti Mouse...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home